Monday, March 1, 2010

Off to Continuum...

Last week, I announced that Continuum is publishing a revised version of my dissertation as Freedom and Nature in Schelling's Philosophy of Art, and today, I sent the penultimate draft to them. Two months of writing and revising, done. Now I've got another view months of clarifications and copy editing (and three conference presentations to write over the rest of 2010; but that's another story). However, at this moment, it's time for some rituals of closure. It's time to discard all the previous drafts, all those sheets of printer paper littering the apartment. It's time to take all the library books back to the office.

And then it's time to get back to the blog. I've haven't been writing much lately, which is probably understandable. But I've been keeping up, and watching the readership grow along with the work of Jason Smith (here's his latest review), Matt McLennan (his latest) and the occasional piece by Sean Moreland (one more link for his essay on Salinger). Last week, Joshua began posting choice youtube videos, a feature that I hope he will continue, putting one of his favorite hobbies to work. Before getting back to blogging in the next few days, however, I just wanted to say thanks to the other contributors for the quality work.

2 comments:

Ammon Allred said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic.

D. Shaw said...

Thanks. I think it is also the reason I feel so tired today.