Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Reading

While most everybody is acclimating to holiday mode, I'm working on my presentation for the Society for Social and Political Philosophy's Roundtable on Marx's Capital (see here), at the end of February, though for which they want an advance draft in January. That still seems very possible, despite having to create course outlines for two courses starting in January. I'm also catching up on some light reading, including:
  • Ernst Bloch, The Spirit of Utopia, (here) since I'm reading the early Walter Benjamin these days.
  • Jacques Rancière, Short Voyages to the Land of the People. (here) Do I need a reason?
  • Harry Cleaver, Reading Capital Politically, (here) because he's the keynote for the conference.
  • Michael Löwy, The War of the Gods, (Verso) brushing up on Liberation Theology, probably again because I'm reading the early Benjamin.
  • And since it seems like the season, I might try to get to one of a few xmas presents: Verso's Revolutions! series edition of Thomas Muntzer's Sermon to the Princes, or, if I feel more ambitious, Henri Lefebvre's Critique of Everyday Life.
Quick Update: if the whole thing falls apart for some reason, I'll probably just push the books I haven't started off to next year and read William Gibson's Zero History.

    No comments: